Starting next month, ISU students from all seven of the university’s colleges will have the chance to pitch their business ideas in the College-by-College Pitchoff.
Throughout the month of February, each college will hold a pitch competition where students will deliver a 90-second pitch about an idea or business they are working on to a panel of judges for cash prizes.
The first place winner from each college will win a $500 cash prize and automatically advance to the ISU Innovation Pitch Competition held March 7. Runner-up Winners (2 awarded per college) will each win a $250 cash prize.
The dates and locations for each college’s competition are:
- College of Human Sciences – February 5 | 6:30 – 8:00 p.m., Lagomarcino Hall, Room 0142
- College of VetMed – February 7 | 4:30 – 6:00 p.m., Lloyd Veterinary Medical Center, Room 2215
- College of Engineering – February 12 | 4:00 – 6:00 p.m., Marston Hall, 3155
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences – February 13 | 4:00 – 6:00 p.m., Hach Hall
- Ivy College of Business – February 19 | 4:00 – 6:00 p.m., Gerdin Business Building, Room 3164
- College of Design – February 21 | 4:00 – 6:00 p.m., College of Design, Gallery Room
- College of Agriculture & Life Sciences – February 26 | 4:00 – 6:00 p.m., Curtiss Hall, Harl Commons
Each college’s competition is accepting the first 25 students who apply.
In addition to the pitch competitions, there will be a Pitch Workshop on January 30 from 5:15-6:30 p.m. at the Memorial Union.