The Des Moines Business Record’s next Power Breakfast titled, “How They Built It,” is set to take place on Thursday, February 14. The panel discussion will focus on successful entrepreneurs from Central Iowa as they share lessons they’ve learned from growing their businesses.
The five panelists speaking are:
- Dr. Chris Nelson – President and CEO, Kemin Industries
- Connie Wimer – Chairman, Business Publications Corporation
- Casey Niemann – Founder, Agriync
- Tiffany Johnson – Co-founder and producing artistic director, Pyramid Theater Company
- Nancy Mwirotsi – Founder and executive director, Pursuit of Innovation
The event will take place from 7 – 9 a.m. at the Embassy Club – Ruan Center (34th Floor) Tickets to the breakfast are available now.
What else is happening?
On Tuesday, BenchPrep announced a $20 million Series C led by Jump Capital and San Francisco-based venture capital firm Owl Ventures. Existing investors NewView Capital and Revolution Ventures also participated in the round. The Series C follows a strong 2018 that saw the Chicago-based e-learning company increase revenue, grow headcount and bring on new partners. -Built in Chicago
RiskGenius, based in Overland Park, Kansas closed a $500k+ Series A-1 funding round from undisclosed investors on December 26, 2018. RiskGenius is an insurance policy automation engine that rose out of ClaimKit, Inc. -Silicon Prairie News
Apruve Inc. — a Minneapolis