Hawkeye Startup Accelerator has opened applications for its summer 2021 accelerator.
During the eleven-week program, the accelerator teams will meet daily to launch their startup using Lean LaunchPad methodologies. Student entrepreneurs will participate in workshops, sessions with experienced mentors, weekly pitches, and lectures throughout the summer program.
Founders will be paid a $5,000 living stipend for the 11 weeks. Throughout the program, students will have chances for their business to earn additional money as they hit milestones and at the final pitch event, Launch Day.
The program is currently accepting applications from individual and team founders who will be working on their student startups during the summer. There will be an information session on Monday, February 22 from 4-5 pm.
ISU holding series of virtual webinars for freelancers
ISU JPEC has announced a new series of panels and workshops designed for freelancers and those interested in creating a side income
A total of seven workshops will take place this spring. Registration is required for all the webinars.
Below is the list of workshops taking place:
- Start Your Own Marketing Business – March 10 at12-1:00 p.m.
- How to Make Money with Photography – March 17 at12-1:00 p.m.
- Build an Info-Business that Rings the Cashier While You Sleep – March 24 at12-1:00 p.m.
- How to Sell and Get Noticed on Etsy – March 31 at12-1:00 p.m.
- Reselling: From Thrift Shop Flipping to Drop Shipping – April 7 at12-1:00 p.m.
- It’s Complicated: Technical Freelance and Consulting 101 – April 14 at12-1:00 p.m.
- Real Estate Investing: What You Need to Know Now – April 21 at12-1:00 p.m.
Last chance for tickets to ICR Agile
ICR Agile is a one day event on Feb. 25 to bring together members of the agile community and those interested in embracing the agile mindset to learn and network with peers. The conference is a collaboration between NewBoCo and members of Eastern Iowa Agile.