The Technology Association of Iowa (TAI) has announced its 2022 public policy priorities and Legislative Launch date.
“The Iowa technology industry is eager to prioritize smart cybersecurity and privacy in the 2022 Iowa legislative session, along with our continued efforts for talent development, inclusion, and supporting innovation,” said Brian Waller, President of TAI in an announcement.
TAI will host its Legislative Launch on February 16, 2022, at the AC Hotel by Marriott Des Moines East Village in Des Moines, Iowa. Tickets will be available in January 2022.
TAI 2022 Legislative Initiatives:
- Advance policies that attract human and financial capital to Iowa.
- Elevate Iowa (rural and urban) as the premier state for technology workforce.
- Promote policies that foster a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Ensure Iowa’s technology curriculum for K-12 through college is the best in the nation.
- Lead efforts toward smart cybersecurity and privacy legislation.
TAI 2022 Legislative Priorities:
- Connectivity: Facilitate high-performance internet connectivity using the best available technologies for all Iowans.
- Education Access: Support programs, such as Future Ready Iowa, that connect Iowans to the training and education required for good-paying jobs and careers to improve people’s lives.
- IEDA Funding: The Iowa Economic Development Authority instills growth and success of Iowa businesses and communities through various forms of funding, including Innovation and Angel Investor tax credits.
- Emerging Technologies: Support the investment, development, implementation, and utilization of emerging technologies in Iowa.
TAI will also host the second season of Iowa Tech Policy Podcast, TAI’s legislative podcast covering technology-focused legislation during session at the Iowa Statehouse. The podcast will launch in January 2022.