NewBoCo is looking for an Assistant K-12 Education Director in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. This person will support NewBoCo’s K-12 Education programs along with the K-12 Education Director. This is a very fast-paced, service-focused team with opportunities to lead the implementation and expansion of local and statewide programs.
- Running large events (travel is occasionally necessary)
- Supporting teacher workshops
- Answering questions about our student or teacher facing programs
- Recruiting teachers for workshops
- Promoting opportunities for students
- Working with our facilitators to deliver high-quality experiences
- Tracking deliverables
- Creating content for students or teachers
- Volunteer management and recruitment
- Develop strategies to improve and expand our programs
- Passions for innovation in education and STEM education
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and share ideas to make changes
- Strong communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with learning new things
- Comfortable creating new content
- Ability to work with students and adults
- Experience with K-12 education
- Experience with computer science education
- Experience with STEM education
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with social media marketing
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with managing volunteers
- This role requires an adjusted schedule as most Saturdays will be work days, which means this position can select a day (Monday-Friday) to have off instead.
- You’ll be required to pass a background check, and enter an agreement to safeguard proprietary information of NewBoCo and our clients, as a part of the on-boarding process.
- Benefits include company contributions to health/vision/dental insurance plans and a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with company match
If you are interested, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- a resume
- anything else that you think helps tells us why you’re the best candidate for this role
To apply for this job please visit newbo.co.