Website ISA Ventures
ISA Ventures’ Associate is primarily responsible for working with the Manager in evaluating and recommending potential venture capital deals, writing deal memos, and building relationships with founders.
Specifically, this role will focus on:
- Scouting and assisting in creation and building of deal flow,
- Forming relationships with founders with high growth potential to identify prospective deals
- Preparing detailed documentation of those relationships (e.g. call notes, capturing data about target companies and analysis over time)
- Writing deal memos arguing for and against making an investment decision with clear articulation of investment thesis
- Conducting due diligence evaluations of prospective deals, including:
— Market and industry research
— Competitive research
— Technology research
— Gathering references from customers
— Financial and valuation analysis
- Building relationships and working with other investors, venture firms and investor groups
- Jointly presenting potential deals to Investment Committee with research findings, analysis, assumptions, and rationale
- Online outreach: participating in and contributing blog posts, social media posts, podcasts, participating in startup events and conferences
- 1–3+ years of work experience in a similar field (e.g. investment banking, consulting, venture capital or private equity)
- MBA or similar degree, or similar work experience
- Demonstrated analytical skills; proactive and self-motivated
- Experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques
- Very strong English written and oral communication skills
- Skilled in use of Office and GSuite applications
- Founder or operator experience preferred
You’ll be part of a small team. While the role requires a lot of independent work and initiative, much of it will be done collaboratively with other team members.
Compensation: Base salary plus bonus and a share of Carried Interest
About ISA Ventures
ISA Ventures is Iowa’s first multi-stage venture capital studio, working closely with founders to build Iowa-based companies through their growth and evolution. We focus on companies in biotechnology, healthcare, and medical tech; education tech; engineering and automation tech; agriculture, food & bio-processing tech; insurance & finance tech; and transportation & logistics technologies. The Fund is new — formed in 2020 — but based on six years of investing in early stage companies through Iowa Startup Accelerator. Therefore, this team is new, too. We’re looking for the right team members to create something unique to Iowa but still competitive on a global stage.
We have a sweet office building in Cedar Rapids to work from, yet remote work is expected now, during COVID-19, and indefinitely. All team members are expected to be Iowa residents, but can be located anywhere in the state, working remotely, so long as they can make it to Cedar Rapids on a regular basis, several times a month, for in-person meetings.
ISA Ventures offers a competitive benefits package, including
- Health & dental insurance
- A 401k retirement plan with match
- An extremely flexible Open Paid Time Off policy
Send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For extra consideration, write a one-page summary example of a deal memo advocating for an investment you’d like to have made, and why. We don’t expect you to have any special or precise information about the company, we’re looking for your thought process.
Feel free to include anything else that you think helps tell us why you’re the best candidate for this role.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com