Website Gravitate Coworking
Community Manager at Gravitate Midtown
Gravitate Coworking is the premiere coworking space in Des Moines, Iowa and we are looking for a talented and outgoing individual to join us in the role of Community Manager of our new Midtown location!
If you are a forward-thinking individual who thrives in a collaborative environment, are enthusiastic about coworking and startups, are tech-savvy, and have experience in social media, PR and promotional events, then we want to talk to you!
The ideal Gravitate Community Manager is equal parts connector, community builder and caretaker. They look forward to meeting new people and helping them find their place in the community. They’re also self-directed and willing to take on a variety of tasks on their own and as part of a small team.
Our ideal candidate will have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and be able to develop engaging content. You are a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills, are able to moderate online and in-person conversations with our community and the general public, and make those in our community feel at home.
Our Community Managers make sure our coworking communities function and will need to wear a lot of hats, like…
- Host: You make sure every member feels cared for and connected to you and the other members of the community. This includes making sure the workspace is clean and organized, that you know what the members are working on and the occasional housekeeping (making coffee, loading the dishwasher, pushing in chairs, etc.)
- Business Development: You help market our community and our members through social media and occasionally attending networking events throughout the broader community. You give amazing tours, are able to follow our sales process to get the right people into the space to keep it at capacity. You get members signed up in our system, on all the right email lists and connected to the Internet and printer. And you make sure they know and follow the house rules!
- Concierge: You’re plugged in and willing to share the best places to go for lunch and you know (or are willing to seek out) about upcoming festivals and events throughout the metro.
- You love people—talking with them, listening, connecting them
- Generally technology savvy—not afraid to help a new person get set up on the printer or Slack and are comfortable with basic social media.
- Have an interest in hosting and participating in events—planning and executing them
- Great communicator—members and visitors not only feel comfortable talking to you but WANT to chat with you each day (and you can balance that with getting work done).
- Plugged into the local community—know which Meetups and user groups to check out and which ones we want to host.
- Past experience in as a member in a coworking community is a plus!
- Works alongside our Team, Members and Clients to coordinate and implement community events, activities, and educational programming
- Assists in preparing for events and activities by contacting clients, gathering event information, obtaining signatures, booking rooms, staging and cleaning as necessary. Conveys information about our space, introduces presenters, hosts events, and participates in other programs/presentations as necessary.
- You will manage the process from booking and giving tours, to signing up new members, and facilitating their move-in
- Maintain the vibe, cleanliness and organization of our space
- Address client concerns and be the go-to person for our members
- Orient first-time members and short-term customers
- Help scale-up the customer experience of our events and the day-to-day operations
- Be available to customers in person, via phone and email
- Participate in staff meetings and planning sessions
- Identify issues and ensuring results are prioritized and implemented. (We prefer solutions over
- Contribute to social media, outreach, newsletters, as well as explore possible partnerships
- Help out however/wherever you can
- LOVES Coworking, Collaborating, Startups and the Entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Organized, with stellar written and verbal skills
- Strategic planner, with the ability to implement ideas
- Great manger of diverse personalities
- Be able to thrive in a collaborative environment
- You are fun to be around!
- You like to stay busy!
If you’re interested, please send your resume and an email about why you think you’d be amazing at this role. Email email@example.com, address the email to Geoff and indicate whether you’re interested in Full Time or Part Time. You can find more about us on our website at http://www.gravitatecoworking.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org