FarmlandFinder is a high-growth, venture-backed startup that is bringing transparency to the agricultural real estate industry. Each year, $56 billion of farmland exchanges ownership, most of which is bought and sold entirely offline. This creates an opaque market, which makes it virtually impossible for buyers, sellers and land professionals to make data-driven decisions. FarmlandFinder solves these problems by providing real-time data and transparency through our market intelligence and data management tools. When you join FarmlandFinder, you will be starting on a fun, challenging and growth-filled career opportunity in our Des Moines, Iowa office.
The purpose of this position is to support the data and research team to ensure the farmland sales database is up-to-date and accurate. You’ll assist with farmland sale tracking, maintain an up-to-date record of farmland sale transactions, provide data-based administrative services, and assist with different research tasks. Your dedicated teamwork will help influence company culture and positively impact farmland real estate industry and a team of people focused on making land sales simple, instant & online.
- Responsible for creating the backlog and setting priorities for the data and research team
- Collaborate with other data team members to delegate and receive administrative tasks that contribute to the company’s overall objectives and goals
- Collect data through web-based reaching methods
- Communicate with stakeholders via email and telephone to gather data
- Format data into a standardized system, use GIS tools and input data into a master database
- Manage the database, perform regular data integrity checks and create data-driven reports
- Analyze market data and create reports and publications
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Ag Business, Ag Finance, Ag Economics or similar
- Experience with data entry and managing complex databases
- Strong analytical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of working in Microsoft Excel and database software
- Basic understanding of farmland and agricultural real estate terminology
How We Operate
Our mission is to make farmland sales simple, instant and online. We are entirely focused on bringing transparency and simplicity to the agricultural real estate market – which is lived out through our core values:
- Build practical solutions
- Use information to create value
- Be the tide that raises all ships
What We Offer
- Competitive Salaries
- Stock Options
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Parental Leave
- Company-Issued Computer
- Paid Parking Downtown
- Health and Wellness
- Casual Dress
- Growth Opportunities
At FarmlandFinder, we value diversity and believe that the best teams have a strong foundation of diverse thoughts, experiences and people.
Apply today at www.FarmlandFinder.com/careers.
To apply for this job please visit ff-careers.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com.