Website Pear Deck
Pear Deck is working to make sure every teacher can give powerful learning moments to every student every day, and our software as a service has been our primary way of working towards that mission. We’ve been working with a single “Product Department,” responsible for strategy, design, engineering, server operations, and data security and integrity, not to mention project management and collaborating with the rest of the company to make impactful feature releases.
Now we’re growing, and want to invest more specifically in developing the engineering culture by focusing an entire new department, the “Engineering Department,” which can focus in specifically on a technical vision and values that will help drive our overall company mission to a higher level.
The Director of Engineering will lead the Engineering department, which will be responsible for both developing new features and operating our service. This is a leadership role that will report directly to the CEO.
Responsibilities include these key performance indicators:
- Feature delivery
- Service uptime
- Operation cost
- Data security & integrity & policy compliance
- Employee retention
- Team building & engineering culture leadership
- Setting and managing to engineering vision & values
- Communicating clearly with other team leaders about priorities and expectations for feature delivery, any bug fixes required, and process improvements
- Accepting new development designs from the product department and committing to timelines
- Managing technical roadmap requirements like new technology choices and upgrades, results-oriented technical debt management
- Working with other team leaders to understand the business so you can forecast technical needs and address them proactively
- Managing the engineering budget
- Reporting KPIs of the main responsibilities to the CEO weekly
- Helping the Product team designers formulate designs quickly and efficiently
- Engineering leadership experience with demonstrable results and concrete theories of leadership & management
- Experience interfacing between technical and non-technical teams
- Understanding of Kubernetes, service-oriented architecture, data security & integrity
We are building a team of individuals who value inclusion, work according to our core values of truth, brilliance, humility, and determination, and are excited to apply their talents to creating something meaningful together. If you like the idea of being part of a mission-driven company working on big problems in education, join us!
We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to make accommodations.
To apply for this job please visit pear-deck.breezy.hr.