Website Iowa EdTech Collaborative
The Iowa City Area Development Group seeks a dynamic individual to serve as the Director of the Iowa EdTech Collaborative. This position will aid ICAD’s success as a 501 (c) 6 non-profit that serves to grow the Iowa City Area by providing innovative economic development.
ICAD’s Mission is to create, collaborate, and lead regional economic development initiatives that contribute to the creation and growth of companies, wealth, and quality jobs through a spirit of innovation and a culture of sharing that transforms knowledge into economic opportunity.
The Director of the Iowa EdTech Collaborative will be responsible for further developing Iowa’s EdTech Industry cluster. The Director will consult with Iowa EdTech companies on startup issues such as R&D, strategic marketing, customer development, venture capital funding, and strategic partnering. The Director will establish a network of experienced entrepreneurs and investors, lead pitch and investor events related to accelerator companies, and scale up investment for existing companies in the ecosystem.
Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Development
- Expand EdTech Accelerator pilot program into a formal annual program.
- Develop, grow, and maintain Iowa and National Accelerator relationships.
- Promote regional incubator and coworking space for EdTech within existing spaces/organizations.
- Assist Director of Communications to highlight Iowa EdTech Accelerator participants and the coworking space/incubator space on social media.
- Assist Director of Communications to highlight Iowa EdTech Accelerator participants on the Iowa EdTech Collaborative website and through regional marketing efforts.
- Assist Director of Communications with creation of videos to promote the Iowa EdTech Accelerator and coworking/incubator space.
- Grow EdTech Iowa mentoring network and establish five mentor/company relationships each year.
- Use existing connections within the EdTech space (locally, regionally, and nationally) to develop and grow an EdTech mentoring network.
- Attend local/state/regional/national events on behalf of the Iowa EdTech Collaborative to build network connections and identify people who could potentially serve as mentors.
- Develop “Pitch Panel” for annual conference to give aspiring entrepreneurs exposure with investors/mentors and an opportunity to refine their business plan based on feedback.
- Build relationships with Venture Capital firms and early-stage investors with proven interest in EdTech. Identify investors in Midwest ventures.
- Develop an “Assessment Integration Lab” in Iowa City for companies to assess their technologies. The lab will give companies with new products an opportunity to partner with existing assessment-based companies, such as ACT, to develop tools to test the efficacy of their product.
- Promote EdTech entrepreneurship within Iowa research universities. Encourage career paths in EdTech and create EdTech pitch competition for Iowa universities.
EdTech Collaborative Development
- Identify existing K–12 and higher education institutions that have collaborated or would collaborate with Iowa EdTech companies. Target ten school districts willing to facilitate school pilots of new education technologies throughout the state.
- Develop a mobile EdTech Iowa demonstration lab. Coordinate pop-up events each year for EdTech companies to demonstrate their products to educators and students for customer feedback.
- Assess development of non-school environments for piloting and testing. Collaborate with parents, educators and solution providers to develop non-traditional test beds due to virtual education.
- Develop training and exposure program in EdTech for teachers and superintendents, leveraging existing teacher outreach and training efforts through Governor’s STEM Advisory Council.Work with Governor’s STEM Council to develop teacher externship program with the Iowa EdTech Collaborative companies.
- Conduct needs assessment, using Iowa STEM Evaluation Report and other Future Ready Iowa workforce training resources as benchmarks, to determine potential market needs.
- Conduct yearly surveys for educators state-wide as customer discovery and educate our educators on the initiative and technologies that are being created as part of the EdTech Collaborative.
- Conduct one design thinking workshop each year in partnership with STEM Innovator from the University of Iowa to identify problems they are working on addressing as Iowa Educators. Share feedback with network as a future product development opportunity.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to create a welcoming and engaging environment to communicate with partners, clients, and collaborators.
- Writing: Communicate effectively in writing as appropriate in email, digital platforms, and internal and external communication materials.
- Presentation Skills: Comfort with the development and delivery of materials via multiple platforms to diverse audiences. It includes all levels of an organization from receptionist to C-suite. It also includes 1 on 1 to large group interactions. Platforms include technologies like Zoom, in-person, and video/social media.
- Marketing: Ability to develop and execute marketing strategies in collaboration with the Director of Communications across multiple mediums.
- Collaboration: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Project management: Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and initiatives from inception to completion.
- Analytical & Decision Making: Ability to analyze data and information to guide in strategy development and execution of strategic action plans.
- Strategic Doing: Knowledge and experience in the strategic doing methodology to guide complex collaborations.
- Growth Mindset: Lifelong learner that is open to exploring new ideas and concepts, seeker of knowledge and intellectually curious.
- Financial Acumen: General knowledge and experience with budgets, financial statements, and financial reporting functions.
* Funding for this position is tied to a 2-year EDA grant
ICAD Group is an equal opportunity employer
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the President and Vice President of ICAD
Salary: $80k grant determined
Benefits: Health / Dental Insurance, 401K, Vehicle Allowance, Cell Phone Allowance, Paid Parking, progressive PTO Policy
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is May 5th.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com