Dwolla is one of the fastest growing financial technology companies in the United States and has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies. We believe in challenging the status quo and building teams with diverse experiences, ideas and people. Joining the team at Dwolla means entering an always evolving, fast-paced, remote-first work environment. Your unique skills and talents will help build a world that can move money simply and securely, giving businesses the tools they need to access the ACH or RTP® Networks and improve their payment processes. At Dwolla, we are never done.
We care about mastering the ideal platform to move money simply and securely. At Dwolla, you will be empowered to select the right languages, tools, and libraries for the job and deliver products based on those choices. If you want to become a master of your craft while building a platform that moves millions of dollars every day, Dwolla may be right for you.
Dwolla’s products process millions of requests every day, and that number keeps growing. To efficiently scale, Dwolla’s software engineering teams need sophisticated and reliable tooling to develop, deliver, and support those products. That’s why we’ve built the Dwolla platform, and we need motivated and diverse DevOps and Engineering talent to keep improving and scaling our technology.
As the Engineering Manager for the Platform Team, you’ll lead the team that streamlines Dwolla’s software development and delivery processes. The platform empowers Dwolla software engineers to safely deliver and efficiently support their production services. Site reliability, developer productivity, and ruthless automation are always top of mind as you envision and prioritize high value improvements. If you like diving deep into technical problems, but also enjoy mentoring and growing your teammates, this is the opportunity for you!
Responsibilities focused on Leadership & Mentoring:
- Lead the Platform Team in quarterly planning, agile ceremonies, and day-to-day activities
- Empower the team to stay focused by analyzing, prioritizing and breaking down upcoming work
- Grow the team by providing coaching and feedback to teammates and hosting regularly scheduled 1:1s
- Evaluate team performance and perform yearly reviews
- Work closely with engineering leadership and cross functional stakeholders to collaborate on the technical roadmap and delivery of high value projects
- Actively participate in production issues as needed
This role will guide the team in:
- Building systems with techniques like Test Driven Development and programming languages such as Scala and Python
- Following an automation-first approach to solving engineering problems
- Designing and deploying solutions with containerized applications using technologies like Serverless, Terraform, Docker, Chef and Jenkins
- Leveraging AWS services such as Cloudformation, Lambda, ECS, and Cloudwatch
- Caring for systems by keeping them up-to-date, adding features, refactoring code, and fixing bugs
- Collaborating via code reviews and architecture discussions
We’re excited to talk if you have:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience leading, mentoring and growing the skills of software engineers
- Ability to balance technical and management responsibilities
- Knowledge of high scale performance and optimization techniques
- Experience with and excited about Agile software development practices for delivering projects
Why is Dwolla such a great place to work?
We believe our success is directly related to providing a positive, inclusive culture that leads to great customer experiences.
We’re a hard-working team who believes that we are never done. We value our most precious resource – the team of amazing humans that makes this all happen (currently just over 100 Dwollans on the team, and growing!).
When you join the Dwolla team, you get these great perks:
- Remote-first work environment (our employees can work from anywhere in the US or from our Des Moines office)
**Please note: While we support a remote-first work environment, we are currently only able to offer employment or sponsorship to candidates who live in the United States**
- Remote-first home office stipend (and paid parking for our office-loving employees)
- Stock options
- 401k (with 4% company match)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (with a mandatory PTO minimum of 5 days every 4 months 😎)
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (Health plan options include a free Peloton & Apple Fitness membership)
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dedication to supporting mental health via paid subscription to Headspace
- Casual dress
But wait… what does Dwolla actually do?
Dwolla was founded in 2008 on the simple idea that moving money should be affordable, easy and fast.
Today, businesses are using Dwolla to facilitate the movement of billions of dollars with a flexible, reliable and easy-to-use payments platform.
Our vision is a world that can move money simply and securely.
Dwolla is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the Midwest and has been recognized nationally by Fast Company as one of the ‘world’s most innovative companies’ and Inc 5000s Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America.
Joining the Dwolla team means you will be entering a unique, open, inclusive and fast-paced working environment.
Some Fine Print
At Dwolla, we value diversity and hold the core belief that the best teams are built by the inclusion of diverse ideas, experiences, and people.
If you require a reasonable accommodation or assistance for any part of the interview and employment process, please contact Katie Spellman (Talent Recruiter) at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request.
If offered this position, you will be asked to complete an employment and credit verification authorization form (which allows us to run a background check) as part of our employment process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.