The New Bohemian Innovation Collaborative, Inc. (“NewBoCo”) is looking for an Events Coordinator in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. We run a variety of events, including:
- 1 Million Cups almost every Wednesday at our facility
- CoderDojo two Saturdays per month at our facility
- Code.org summer teacher training weeks all over the state of Iowa
- Code.org weekend teacher training events all over the state of Iowa
- DeltaV Code School 101 classes one Saturday per month at our facility
- Future City Regional Competition one Saturday per year in Cedar Rapids
- EntreFEST in NewBo with dozens of speakers over multiple days with hundreds of attendees and 10+ locations
- Corridor Angel Investor meetings
- Intrapreneur Academy meetings
You’ll work with our Events Director, Marketing Director, and others to ensure that all of our events are well-run, high quality experiences for our attendees. Except when at an event site, you’ll work out of our offices in the NewBo district of Cedar Rapids.
- Assist in planning events across the NewBoCo organization;
- Setup for events: reserving rooms, arranging the room itself, setting up supplies and technology;
- Event support: Attending and supporting the event operations, including registration, wayfinding, and solving any problems that arise;
- Post-event teardown: clean up after events, putting supplies away, identifying supplies that need to be restocked;
- Data support: ensuring that registration and other data is correctly captured and managed;
- Communications support: sending thank you notes to attendees, speakers, panelists, etc.
- The role has flexible hours; we strongly prefer a full time position but may consider a part time role for an exceptional candidate.
- The role requires availability on evenings and weekends.
- The role requires the ability to lift up to 25 pounds regularly.
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Strong problem solver
- Self-starter attitude
- Highly organized individual able to keep multiple projects and tasks on track at once
Some details you should know:
- You’ll be required to pass a background check, and enter an agreement to safeguard proprietary information of NewBoCo and our clients, as a part of the on-boarding process.
- Benefits include company contributions to health/vision/dental insurance plans and a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with company match
If you are interested, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- a resume
- any examples or photos of events you’ve coordinated
- anything else that you think helps tells us why you’re the best candidate for this role
To apply for this job please visit newbo.co.