Website Growers Edge
We are looking for a strong Software Engineer with experience developing, stabilizing, improving and optimizing the performance development platforms. You will be a key member of the IT team, providing custom-developed software solutions for our customers. In addition to day-to-day software development within an Agile software engineering team, you will also work closely with other 3rd party vendor-led software engineering teams, an internal MicroServices engineering team and occasionally with 3rd party managed-service vendors developing systems which integrate with our systems.
A day in the life:
- Participates in the entire software development life cycle by researching, designing, developing, testing, and maintaining business software applications.
- Works with BA, PO and Management to analyze business technology needs.
- Participates in Agile project software development.
- Develops prototypes and a proof of concept when required.
- Mentors and partners with team members daily.
- Analyzes and translates business requirements in functional and non-function system requirements.
- Writes and conducts user acceptance test cases for quality assurance.
- Contributes to design and coding standards to ensure consistency across applications.
- Continuously improves the performance of applications.
- Contributes in code reviews.
- Contributes in departmental company meetings.
- Acts as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
- Design, code and unit test application solutions.
- Provides backup to tech leads and architecture needs as necessary.
- Provides input into architecture decisions.
- Follow Growers Edge application architecture, design, troubleshooting and development standards and best practices.
- Resolve software development bugs, incidents & outages and work with internal engineering teams and 3rd party vendors to reduce and eliminate future bugs, incidents and outages.
- Review roadmaps, upgrades, operational performance (SLAs), delivery processes and technical solutions, and provide solution architecture direction to internal and vendor-led development teams to ensure alignment with Growers Edge technology standards and delivery practices.
- Communicate and present to the team, management and stakeholders.
Integrate, implement and maintain various Growers Edge approved technologies and standards into the development team’s solutions and processes.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies to help define and deliver future and current sprint commitments for development deliverables.
- Produce and maintain technical design documentation.
Skills & Experience:
- Application development experience with an emphasis on the following languages/technologies/standards/patterns:
- Angular 2+ with Typescript for UI development of responsive web applications
- HTML 5, CSS 3 elements both within Angular and externally (packages such as HighCharts)
- C# .Net Cores
- Xunit and Shouldly for unit testing
- Primary – Azure SQL
- Secondary – CosmosDB (noSQL) in Azure
- Azure Storage
- Azure DataLake – Backup and long-term storage
- Azure Data Factories for data manipulation/import/export
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Strong planning, organization, attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related degrees required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com