We’re looking for geniuses. Dreamers. Inventors. Innovators. People with the will to get stuff done. Doers who’ll rip an idea out of thin air. Make it a reality. Own it. And amaze their peers. Sound like you? Welcome home.
As a Software Engineer, you will be a member of one of the Hy-Vee solution delivery scrum teams following an agile delivery cadence. Your primary focus is to help us build highly interactive web-based awesomeness that solves real problems for our customers. You will work with UX designers and will have important input on our UX strategy. We are looking for people who can not only be great individual contributors, but also pair program and mentor other engineers.
– Work as a member of a cross functional agile team focused building great user interfaces
– Create reusable components that are shared across many applications
– Pair with other team members to cross-pollinate ideas and skills
– Champion code quality, maintainability, and reliability
– Find and address performance issues
– Take features from conception to final production deployment
– Contribute heavily to user story definition that takes our technology stack into consideration, but also continue to push the bounds of what is possible
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– Production experience using RESTful APIs
– Demonstrable grasp of software design patterns such as Singleton and Facade
– Strong understanding of front end software architectures such as Flux and MVC
– Experience with using CI/CD technologies such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI, and Drone
– Degree level qualifications in a technical related subject
– Experience with Node.js
– Experience building cloud-native applications (kubernetes, docker swarm, etc)
– Experience with test driven design and general automation
About Hy-Vee, Inc.
Hy-Vee, Inc. is an employee-owned grocery store chain with more than 240 retail stores and over 80,000 employees. With sales of more than $9 billion, Hy-Vee ranks among the top 25 supermarket chains and the top 50 private companies in the United States. Its slogan, “A Helpful Smile in Every Aisle,” expresses the foundation of the company’s operating philosophy.
To apply for this job please visit innovate.hy-vee.com.