Dwolla is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Des Moines and has been recognized by Fast Company as ‘one of the world’s most innovative companies.’ Joining the team at Dwolla means you will be entering a unique and fast-paced working environment. You will join our team in building the ideal platform to move money simply and securely, giving businesses the tools they need to access the ACH network and improve their payments process.
Dwolla, a leading provider of secure and reliable payment processing technologies, is currently at a very exciting time in its growth — entering new markets and deploying new technologies to existing ones. The Business Empowerment department consists of professionals working in the areas of information security and compliance, corporate infrastructure, and customer relationship management systems. We undertake a variety of complex, interdisciplinary, and inter-departmental projects that require detailed analysis of requirements, planning, risk management, and guidance to completion. Our teams work in an Agile methodology, but must interweave this with long-term strategic planning and projects that might span months or quarters. We need an experienced project manager to help us ensure these projects are executed successfully, efficiently, and in accordance with policy. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the company, and put our values of building trust through transparency, empathy, and action; changing the status quo; fueling success through inclusion; and never being done into action every day. Dwolla is an increasingly distributed company headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, and is open to both local and work-from-anywhere candidates for this position.
The primary responsibility of the Information Technology Project Manager is to oversee projects to enhance delivery of IT/IS-related systems, services, and applications or manage IT/IS-related risk.
- Solicit business requirements from stakeholders for project planning and implementation.
- Manage IT projects and initiatives through requirements gathering, prioritization, and execution.
- Coordinate inter-departmental projects and initiatives through planning and execution of IT-related tasks and milestones.
- Develop and implement strategies for efficient collection and use of data to support business processes and decisions.
- Support efforts to develop and mature IT-related processes.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Basic knowledge of software engineering best practices.
- Basic knowledge of system administration best practices.
- Basic knowledge of relevant cloud environments, inherent risks, and appropriate deployment strategies.
- Detailed knowledge of one or more project management paradigms, such as Agile, and the project lifecycle.
- Strong analytical thinking and troubleshooting skills including quantitative approaches to decision making.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work across teams and departments to collaboratively solve problems.
- Typically requires a minimum of 6 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 4 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 2 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Typically requires an industry-accepted credential such as a PMI-ACP or PMP.
Perks to working at Dwolla:
- Competitive salaries
- Stock Options
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Paid parking or public transportation stipend
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Medical leave
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Casual dress
At Dwolla, we hold the core belief that the best teams are built by the inclusion of diverse ideas, experiences, and people.
Join our team and bring your unique perspective to help build the ideal platform to move money simply and securely.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.