Rantizo is a venture-backed AgTech startup based in Iowa City, IA that uses UAVs to apply liquid and dry inputs for agricultural purposes. Rantizo currently operates in 18 states and is actively expanding based on market feedback and customer data.
Rantizo is building a mobile app and web-based platform to service our network of aerial applicators and their customers using an ultramodern technology stack. Features of this platform include job scheduling, resource management, time keeping, billing/payments, Bluetooth-based interaction with equipment, management of geospatial data, and much more.
We are looking for a Product Designer.
What You’ll Be Doing
- UI/UX Design, User Research, Product Development
- Set design requirements based on information from internal teams and user research
- Identify new product improvement opportunities
- Analyze how a new product satisfies market needs and consumer preferences
- Stay up to date on industry trends and market conditions
- Modify and revise existing designs to meet changing customer preferences
- Work closely with Product Management, Engineers, Sales, Agronomists to suggest improvements for products and processes.
- Present product design ideas to cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Develop and run workshops based on Design Thinking/Design Sprint principles
- Push an emphasis towards action/experimentation over drawn out research studies
What We Need to See
- BS or MS in Design or Engineering related field or relevant equivalent experience
- 5+ years working experience as UX/UI/Product Designer
- Demonstrated skills with Invision, Sketch or other related tools
- Demonstrated skill building and working with a Design Language System
- Demonstrated complex problem solving and ability to deliver effective solutions
- Demonstrated ability to implement appropriate design and research methodologies with an emphasis towards action and experimentation
Ways to Stand Out from Other Candidates
- Experience with Digital Product Design in the Ag Industry
- Experience with Design Sprints, Decision Jams and Lean Experimentation
- Experience with Invision and Sketch
- Experience with rapid prototyping, proof of concept and working in a true Agile (using empirical evidence) way
We strive to provide a friendly work environment where our team members are encouraged to utilize their unique skillsets and experiences to enhance communication and productivity. Our goal is to support each team member in a manner to allow them to excel in their area of responsibility and grow into new areas given their personal goals and level of interest.
The Rantizo team offers compensation commensurate to experience at competitive levels in relevant industries. Compensation for this role is expected to be in the $95-120k range plus benefits.
Rantizo offers excellent benefits including healthcare, vision, dental, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Health Savings Accounts, Health Care Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Benefits, Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage, Basic Life and Accidental Death and Personal Loss Insurance, Accident Insurance, Group Legal Plan, Group Term Life, Critical Illness Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and Employee Discounts.
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com