More than seven billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will surpass nine billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this surging demand. They’ll be seeking options that both sustain the environment and help them to be economically viable, and are increasingly turning to the world’s leading Farmer Management Software (FMS), Granular.
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the most innovative and industry leading digital products that our customers will love.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to learn about farming and agricultural processes while designing solutions for an underserved customer base. In addition to leading a strategic initiative, you will help shape the vision and execution of design at Granular. You will work closely with all core Granular business units: Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Data Science. This role is integral to Granular’s success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
At Granular, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team with proven entrepreneurial expertise to reshape the $3 trillion agriculture industry. We’re growing quickly, and expanding our team in Johnston. We’re looking for proactive, intellectual, and versatile individuals to join our team to improve the lives of our farmers.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Design a novel experience that digitizes and enhances how farmers analyze their field data
- Collaborate with a cross-functional product domain team, leading strategic design efforts
- Translate business problems and ideas into clear design solutions
- Distill complex tasks and workflows into intuitive, simple experiences
- Drive user research, wireframing, interaction design and prototyping for medium to large-scale web and mobile design projects
- Develop high-fidelity mockups and assets for your mobile projects, as needed
- Partner with engineering and our design systems team to create and scale our mobile design patterns
- Mentor and support designers on the team, with the opportunity to manage designers as the team grows
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 6+ years of product design experience
- Experience leading complex design projects with multiple contributors and stakeholders
- Ability to move seamlessly between defining strategy and delivering hands-on work
- Master at user experience design, user and usability research
- Strong understanding of front-end/UI technologies
- Ability to collaborate with a team across multiple time zones
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with small business software/ business tools a plus
- Familiarity with agriculture / farming practices preferred, but certainly not required
- Experience balancing creative and analytical design goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular is Farm Management Software (FMS) that is helping thousands of farmers to build stronger farms today and steward their lands for generations to come. Granular uniquely combines an industry-leading support team with the most recommended suite of easy-to-use powerful software to help farmers and their teams run all aspects of their farm business. From financials to agronomy to operations, farmers are now able to make data-driven decisions with greater confidence in an increasingly challenging environment.
Granular was founded in 2014 with the mission of helping farmers run more profitable and efficient business instead of maximizing bushels. Built as a collaboration between several of the most advanced family farms and top technology investors including Google Ventures, Granular is widely credited for launching the first modern, built in the cloud and mobile-centric FMS in 2014. In 2017, Corteva Agriscience acquired Granular to bring together the best technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs from across the world with its global presence and deep resources to serve the needs of farmers through the transformative effects of digital technologies.
Today, our over 400 passionate employees are on a mission helping our customers solve their problems today and for food demands in the future by transforming agriculture through continuous innovations in farm productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability.
Granular is San Francisco-based, with offices worldwide. Granular is an independent, wholly-owned subsidiary of Corteva Agriscience (NYSE:CTVA), a spin off of DowDuPont™. Learn more about our company and people at http://granular.ag/, Twitter, @GranularAg, and Instagram, @Granular_Ag, or facebook.com/GranularAgriculture/
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.