Since 1992, Kingland’s managed solutions have helped data-intensive, highly-regulated clients connect and protect their businesses. Kingland develops and manages enterprise-class software solutions using its Kingland Platform and teams of data and technology experts. Clients in the banking and capital markets, public accounting, insurance, and retail industries look to Kingland to create solutions to manage data, risk, compliance, customer insight and more. The Kingland Platform is a highly secure, cloud-optimized software platform that includes enterprise data management, text analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and workflow and compliance management capabilities.
Kingland is unique. While we are based in Iowa, our clients are not. We are an Iowa company with a significant global reach. We provide our employees with the opportunity to “live locally and work globally”, combining the Iowa quality of life that we all love, with exciting opportunities to travel the world and work on large projects for large clients.
Kingland is growing. We’re looking for individuals who like to tackle big challenges, want to work on mission-critical solutions, as well as desire to make a difference in the world — and be rewarded for their efforts. Explore all the ways that quality of work meets quality of life at Kingland, and launch yourself on an exciting new adventure.
Java. Spring. Angular. Python. PostgreSQL. AI tech. AWS. These are just a few of the technologies leveraged within Kingland Platform solutions architected by Software Architects at Kingland. You will have the opportunity to meet with clients to better understand their complex and challenging problems. You’ll also architect and design solutions using relational and columnar data stores, microservices and cloud architectures, text analytics, and more. Your work will help reinvent the way companies manage risk, compliance, and data.
If you’re curious about how technology should work and enjoy solving problems, this is the right space for you. Use your creativity, share your point of view with clients and colleagues, and have enough grit to see the project to its end. It’s like a puzzle. You know there are multiple ways to architect it. Every tool and capability will be at your disposal. And you’ll be able to test your enterprise software architecture ideas with other experienced professionals in the organization.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for the delivery of the technical components of a Kingland Platform solution project on time, on budget, and with acceptable quality
- Establish overall technical architecture vision for the Platform solution and create Technical Architecture Blueprints
- Through requirement reviews and architecture/design decisions, align scope with existing Kingland Platform capabilities and identify options to meet the business requirements in different ways, to delight the client
- Review business requirements from a technical implementation perspective, providing feedback to business analysts and requesting further requirement specifications when necessary
- Decompose the technical architecture into more granular elaboration, design and implementation work items with estimates, collaborating with Project Management on appropriate scheduling within the overall plan
- Ensure successful alignment with Kingland’s software engineering process, and provide process and standards feedback via reviews directly with Kingland’s CTO
- Provide overall leadership for a team of software engineers, reviewing requirements, designs and code to enable continued growth and to foster an overall culture of engineering excellence
- 7+ years of software engineering experience required, with 2 or more years as a software designer or architect
- Preferred experience includes Java, relational and non-relational databases, Angular UI framework, enterprise architecture, DevSecOps and cloud computing
- Capable of decomposing a perceived large problem into requisite parts for problem solving
- Strong communication skills are necessary, including the ability to effectively communicate technical requirements and collaborate with clients to understand their needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent is preferred
- AWS Solution Architect certification is preferred, but not required
- Included in the Kingland Career Development Program – a guided program consisting of targeted learning opportunities and mentorship to assist you in career growth, personal development and opportunity for promotion and advancement at Kingland Systems.
- Generous vacation and paid holidays
- 401(k) company match
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time annually
- 3 weeks paid parental leave after the birth or adoption of a child
- Wellness reimbursement for gym memberships, equipment, and apparel
- Access to free on-site fitness center in Clear Lake location
- Company match of up to $1,000 annually for charitable donations
- Access to company dining facility in Clear Lake location
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.