Dwolla is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Des Moines and has been recognized by Fast Company as ‘one of the world’s most innovative companies.’ Joining the team at Dwolla means you will be entering a unique and fast-paced working environment. You will join our team in building the ideal platform to move money simply and securely, giving businesses the tools they need to access the ACH network and improve their payments process.
The visual designer will create impactful imagery for a variety of platforms from webpages to video animations. The designer will be completely steeped in the Dwolla identity and will be able to combine iconography, typography, color and shape together in service of clearly applying the Dwolla identity in a way that resonates with the appropriate audience. The designer is expected to be both an acolyte in the application of the Dwolla brand as well as a leader that pushes its limits and guides it to the next evolution.
- Establish and maintain the look and feel of various interfaces, including websites, mobile devices, apps, print and digital ads, icons brochures and other printed or digital pieces
- Work within brand guidelines to create visual elements that reinforce a brand’s style through its visual identity
- Create imagery with user experience and accessibility in mind
- Collaborate with both the marketing team and the larger Dwolla team that includes engineers and product managers, to satisfy the visual goals of the department specifically and the company at-large
- Present design concepts to a variety of audiences, while communicating the logic and design-thinking used to arrive at the final design
- Provide and accept feedback from other designers and the marketing team
- Oversee reporting for your key performance indicators for syndication to your key stakeholders
- Provide recommendations for design changes and updates
- Create digital animations for web products
- Manage deliverables on time and at a high standard
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years experience in a design-related role
- Experience using Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, PremierePro, AfterEffects), Powerpoint, Google Documents as well as other associated design software such as Sketch, Invision or Figma
- Strong foundation in typography and layout
- Experience with transitions, animation and motion design
- Dedication to details and organization, including the ability to prioritize tasks, communicate progress and meet deadlines
- Proven track record in working with cross functional teams, getting buy-in and executing marketing plans, and staying focused on “getting it done” in a fast-moving startup environment
Perks to working at Dwolla:
- Competitive salaries
- Stock Options
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Paid parking or public transportation stipend
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Medical leave
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Casual dress
At Dwolla, we hold the core belief that the best teams are built by the inclusion of diverse ideas, experiences, and people.
Join our team and bring your unique perspective to help build the ideal platform to move money simply and securely.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.