Overview of WorkHound:
At WorkHound, we believe people should love the work they do. We live this as a team and through our product.
We are building the megaphone for the 23 million undesked workers in the American Economy.
Why? Because workers don’t feel respected. We amplify their voice, help companies understand the needs of their staff, and improve their culture and bottom line in the process.
Why we’re hiring:
- Our customer base is growing, our goals are big and we need a kick-ass self-starter to join our team.
- We’re looking for someone to help us build the best damn product in the market
- But we don’t need your average software engineer. We need an A-player that will take this role, own it, grow it, and make our team even stronger. Someone that is a utility player who can create order out of chaos, and take out product to the next level.
We need experienced engineers at multiple levels and compensation will be based on experience.
You are responsible for:
- Building, Testing, and Documenting Product Features
- Collaborating with the team on Product Architecture
- Participating in Agile rituals and meeting commitments
Requirements for crushing it:
- 5+ years experience in delivering web applications
Passion for building innovative software platforms that help our customers solve their unique issues.
- You love building customer-facing software application to delight our customers
- Have a sense of humor!
- Have humility. You accept when you don’t know something and go learn.
- Be a self starter. We need every member of our team to be able to deliver value individually as well as be able to collaborate with the team.
- Be nice! Collaboration is key to our success and treating your coworkers with respect and positivity is crucial. “Be nice” is one of our core values at WorkHound
Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view and take action.
- We believe that strong engineers are craftspersons, and thus can use the tools most appropriate for the task at hand. We don’t expect you to have experience with our particular toolset and stack, but we do expect you can embrace them and quickly add value to the team.
Where we need you to grow:
- Strong engineers are always teaching themselves new things. We expect you to do the same.
- You’ll be creating product features, but we also need you to improve the team and its processes. We need to build the machine that builds the product.
- Leadership and collaboration are as much about people as they are about product, you should always be building skills to work with the people you’ll encounter both inside and outside the organization.
Bonus points for:
- Previous Start-up experience
- Experience in agile development environments
- Node.js experience
- Front-end Framework experience
- NoSQL experience
To apply for this job please visit angel.co.