Minnesota-based Kronfield Motors has developed the Raht Racer, a three-wheeled autocycle that combines an electric motor with human pedal power that can reach up to 90 miles per hour.
According to a story at the siliconprairienews, founder and CEO Rich Kronfeld participated in the 2017 NMotion Accelerator Cohort and believes his product is an electric motorcycle that is made for the highway.
“If you’re going 65, the percentage you contribute is less than if you’re going 25,” Kronfeld said. “Compared to any other kind of highway vehicle, it would be very efficient.”
Job creation, expansion happening in Iowa
ShipBob raises $17.5 million
What else happened…
• Snapsheet, a Chicago-based virtual claims software provider for the personal and commercial insurance industry, raised $12 million in series D funding – snapsheetapp.com
• Chicago’s newest billionaire is self made – Chicago Sun Times
• Crops need rain – The Des Moines Register
• Fireworks company asks court to stop Des Moines restrictions – The Des Moines Register
• Des Moines arts show will leave viewers uncomfortable – The Des Moines Register
• GROWNebraskaNative.org builds entrepreneurial community – siliconprairienews.com
• Akron entrepreneur hopes to turn hackathon experience into startup success – Cleveland Business
• Great Hill Partners recapitalized Quantum Health, a Columbus, Ohio-based consumer navigation and care coordination company; Financial terms weren’t disclosed – quantumhealth.com