Applications are now being accepted to join the second cohort for the Iowa AgriTech Accelerator.
Executive director Megan Vollstedt said they are looking for no more than six innovative startups in the AgTech space with a valid issue and an effective and innovative solution.
The Iowa AgriTech Accelerator provides $40,000 in seed funding to each startup.
Vollstedt said as she reviewed the first year of the program, one main takeaway was to move the timeline up so companies who need to be in the field during harvest, are able to.
Because of that, the second cohort will start its 100-day program on May 29 and have its demo day at the World Food Prize on August 30.
“We adjusted the schedule so they have the flexibility to be working with customers,” Vollstedt said. “We are continuing to look for how we can provide mentorship and guidance for the cohort.”
Vollstedt said another major piece of feedback she received from the startups was the value of working with the mentors.
“That was a huge benefit from their perspective,” Vollstedt said. “And I think it was proven by the progress they made.”
To apply, click here.
Past coverage from the 2017 Iowa AgriTech Accelerator
- Class of 2017 announced for the Iowa AgriTech Accelerator – June 8
- Meet the new Executive Director of the Iowa AgriTech Accelerator – June 14
- Iowa AgriTech Accelerator starts by pairing startups with mentors – July 17
- Mentors are paired with startups – July 31
- Founders in AgriTech Accelerator reflect on their time in Des Moines – October 11
- Demo Day: Startups showcase themselves – October 18