NewBoCo has announced the speakers who will present at Launch Day on December 11.
Launch Day is NewBoCo’s annual event that celebrates accomplishments in entrepreneurship, innovation, and tech education in Iowa.
Eric Hanson, Host of Z102.9’s “The Morning Scramble”, will voice the event by helping weave together the NewBoCo stories of education, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
Launch Day will feature pitches from Iowa Startup Accelerator portfolio companies and Social Good Accelerator teams, highlights from Intrapreneur Academy, a progress report from NewBoCo’s Code.org Iowa partnership, and an update from DeltaV Code School.
Launch Day will highlight:
- Jason Logan, DeltaV 2017 graduate
- Osage Community Schools, NewBoCo Code.org Partnership
- Adam Kaas, Intrapreneur Academy – Rockwell Collins
- Leslie Wright, Intrapreneur Academy – United Way of East Central Iowa
- SwineTech, Iowa Startup Accelerator 2015 Cohort
- STRATAFOLIO, Iowa Startup Accelerator 2016 Cohort
- Cargofy, Iowa Startup Accelerator 2017 Cohort
- Center for Active Seniors (Abbe Health), Social Good Accelerator Inaugural Cohort
- Class Composer, Iowa Startup Accelerator 2018 Cohort
- Rantizo, Iowa Startup Accelerator 2018 Cohort
- Member Marketplace, Iowa Startup Accelerator 2018 Cohort
- Kepler Learning (formerly Project BBQ), Iowa Startup Accelerator 2018 Cohort
- GSI Works, Social Good Accelerator Inaugural Cohort
- Eric Engelmann, NewBoCo
“Launch Day is our annual opportunity to really celebrate the big wins for Iowa’s startups, innovators, and tech educators and students,” NewBoCo Chief Operating Officer Aaron Horn said. “I am really excited to hear everyone on the Launch Day stage share their Iowa impact success stories.”
Admission to the event is free. You can reserve your ticket here.
What else is happening?
Cameo, the company that lets you order a custom video shoutout from an ever-growing list of celebrities, raised $12.5 million in a funding round led by Menlo Park’s Lightspeed Venture Partners, with additional contributions from Chicago Ventures, Starting Line, Origin Ventures, Pritzker Group Venture Capital, Bedrock Capital and others. –Built In Chicago
Fourstarzz Media, a Lincoln-based influencer marketing startup, has had a busy year. Among other things, the company has closed a $750,000 round of pre-seed capital investment, been accepted into the Forbes Agency Council(invitation only), and been named as one of ten influencer marketing firms worldwide in the Gartner Marketing Technology Vendor Guide for 2018. –Silicon Prairie News
Understory, a Madison, Wisconsin-based weather analytics company, announced today that it has raised $7.5 million in new funding. The round is led by local venture capital firm 4490 Ventures, an existing investor in the company. Revolution’s Rise of the Rest Seed Fund also joined the round. Other existing investors in Understory include Monsanto Growth Ventures and Silicon Valley-based True Ventures. –VentureBeat