The Iowa Biotechnology Association has announced 12 companies that will be showcased at the annual Partnering for Growth’s Biotech Innovation Showcase set to take place on April 30.
One company will be selected at the end of presentations to receive a $5,000 prize. The 12 presenting companies are:
- 3D Health Solutions, Inc. (Ames, Iowa)
- Cardio Diagnostics LLC (Coralville, Iowa)
- Clara Biotech (Lawrence, Kansas)
- ClearFlame Engines (Woodridge, Illinois)
- Emmyon, Inc. (Coralville, Iowa)
- EnGeniousAg, LLC (Ames, Iowa)
- Healthy Cow (Toronto, ON)
- NanoSpy, Inc. (Ames, Iowa)
- OmniLife, Inc. (Coralville, Iowa)
- Rantizo, Inc. (Iowa City, Iowa)
- VerdiLife LLC (Iowa City, Iowa)
- Voxello (Coralville, Iowa)
Pinterest has reportedly filed for an IPO that could value the company at $12 billion
Pinterest, the social media site where people pin images and seek inspiration, has confidentially filed to go public, according to The Wall Street Journal. The company is seeking to go public around June at a valuation of at least $12 billion, according to The Journal.
Pinterest was last valued at $12.3 billion in a 2017 funding round.
The company was founded in 2008 by Ben Silbermann, Evan Sharp
Applications now open for Iowa JPEC Business Model Competition
The Iowa JPEC Business Model Competition is set to take place March 26 – 27, 2019. The Business Model Competition will allow students from the
The competition is based on the methodology of the Business Model
A total of $50,000 in cash prizes will be awarded throughout the two-day competition.
Day 1 of the competition is for early-stage companies who have not received revenue or won more than $1,000 in business competitions. The winner of Day 1 will advance to compete in day 2.
Winners of day two of the competition will qualify to compete in two additional business competitions: the International Business Model Competition and the Pappajohn Student Entrepreneurial Venture Competition.
Applications are due by March 20.