Continuum Ag was named “best of show” of the more than 150 participants in Iowa State University’s pitching competition at the Iowa State Fair this year.
Continuum Ag is a consulting and data management company with a focus on soil health based in Washington, Iowa.
Students from every ISU college, as well as recent alumni, competed in the daily pitch-offs Aug. 8-15 at the Iowa State exhibit in the Varied Industries building. Fairgoers voted for their favorite of 112 pitches to move forward in the competition, with 56 pitches competing in the semifinals Friday and Saturday.
On Sunday afternoon, the winners were announced by ISU President Wendy Wintersteen and Senior Vice President and Provost Jonathan Wickert. Continuum Ag received a $5,000 Best of Show award.
Seven finalists each received a $2,500 award.
- Best of Show: Continuum Ag (Mitchell Hora and David Hora)
- Youth Entrepreneur Award: Civil Teen Discourse (Owynn McNutt, Charlize DeArmond and Nicholas Stocks)
- Community Entrepreneur Award: New Day Dairy (Lynn Bolin)
- Applied Technology & Innovation Award: Haber Technologies (Eric Harweger and Dillon Hurd)
- Applied Technology & Innovation Award: CattleTEC (Alex Irlbeck)
- Civic/Social Entrepreneurship Award: Belange Handmade LLC (Belange Mutunda)
- Cutting Edge Innovation: NXGenCare (Andrew Guillamette)
- Iowa Entrepreneur Award: Deadeye BBQ (Michael Hanstad)
President Wintersteen selected one entrepreneur for a $1,000 President’s Pitch Award: Comic Sandwiches by Grayson Burgess.
Four entrepreneurs also received honorable mentions. Each received a $1,000 award.
- JAS Solutions (Dillon Jensen)
- Lunchsox (Rebecca Lyons)
- The Modern Milkman (Lauren Jones)
- Process Partners (Courtney Middelkoop)
Click here to see more information about the results from the pitch competition.