Last night, Iowa State University’s John Pappajohn Center capped off a month full of business pitch competitions with its annual Innovation Pitch.
This year, 26 student-finalists competed at last night’s Innovation Pitch competition at Memorial Union in Ames. Student entrepreneurs from all seven colleges at Iowa State competed head-to-head for $17,000 in cash prizes.
Here are the winners from last night’s competition:
Existing Business Idea
- First Place – Alexander Dill ($5,000)
- Second Place – John Hatfield ($2,500)
- Third Place – Benjamin Grote and Anthony Ward ($1,000)
New Business Idea
- First Place – Charles Cremault ($5,000)
- Second Place – Shawana Tabassum ($2,500)
- Third Place – Emily Braun ($1,000)
Click here for more photo highlights of the competition
SPEAKER Lineup announced for YEC 2020
The speaker lineup for this year’s Young Entrepreneur Convention has been announced.
Set to take place on Saturday, April 4, the 5th anniversary of the Young Entrepreneur Convention will offer insight and tools presented by established, successful founders to aid new entrepreneurs and aspiring founders in the wild world of startups.
Here are the speakers that will be speaking at the convention:
- Nico Aguilar, co-founder of Speeko
- Kerty Levy, Managing Director of Techstars Iowa
- Eric Engelmann, Founder of NewBoCO
- Michael Guerin, Program Manager of Smart Docklands Dublin
- Nivi Achanta, Founder and CEO of Soapbox Project
- Alyx-Coble Frakes, CEO and Founder of The Agenda. Period
- Dr. Erik Reis, Founder and CEO of Shift
- Chipper Bro Bell, Founder of Surfclass
Terraoak launches Kickstarter campaign for Genesys Cooker
Cedar Valley-based Terraoak has launched a Kickstarter campaign to help fund “Genesys,” its patented and portable cookstove that significantly reduces smoke and also converts waste-heat energy into electricity output through a USB outlet.
To date, the Kickstarter campaign has raised $8,983 of its $10,000. The campaign will end on Saturday, March 7.
Click here to learn more about the product or to contribute to the campaign.