The University of Iowa has announced the 2020 recipients of the Iowa Innovation and Entrepreneurial Honors.
Recipients of the Honors were selected for their significant accomplishments in both entrepreneurship and innovation, as well as their impact on their communities.
Here are the recipients:
- Alumni Entrepreneur of the Year | Scott Heiferman, Meetup
- Young Alumni Entrepreneur of the Year | Roby Miller, TelePharm
- Faculty/Staff Startup of the Year | Dr. Michael Abramoff, Digital Diagnostics (Formerly IDx – AI diagnostics)
- Graduate Student Startup of the Year | Jaison Marks, CartilaGen
- Undergraduate Student Startup of the Year | Andrew Austin & Nate Elsner, Peak3 Digital
- Venture School Business of the Year | Todd Thompson, SmartScripts
A recognition dinner in April for the honors recipients was canceled because of COVID-19. Iowa JPEC hopes to host an event recognizing these individuals before the end of the year. Find out more about the Honors and their recipients here.
BrokerTech Ventures adds 4 new partners to accelerator program
BrokerTech Ventures has announced four new insurance firms as partners to support the broker-focused platform and accelerator program.
The four firms — Cincinnati Insurance Companies, RT Specialty, Amerisure Mutual Insurance Company and AmWINS Group Inc. — will all be featured during InsureTech Connect on July 16 as part of the Innovation Curve panel.
Applications for the BrokerTech Ventures 2021 Accelerator cohort will open in the fall.
GIA’s Insurtech Week goes completely virtual
The Global Insurance Accelerator (GIA) announced this week that its sixth annual InsurTech Week event (Oct. 12-16, 2020) will be a virtual event.
“This year’s InsurTech Week will look different than the last five years, but what won’t be different is the quality of curated conversations, the excitement and engagement in the insurtech solutions, insurance-specific workshops, and the opportunity to present,” stated a post made by GIA announcing the news.
Applications are now open to be a featured InsurTech company at this year’s InsurTech Week – October 12-16. Applications will close in two weeks on July 22.