BrownWinick Law Firm, LWBJ, and the Greater Des Moines Partnership are partnering to host The Current State, a free virtual event focused on navigating seed and venture capital during a pandemic.
The event will be held Thursday, August 13, at 1 p.m. and will feature three panels of experienced investors and entrepreneurs.
Panelists will answer attendees’ questions and provide tangible ideas on how to raise capital.
“Entrepreneurialism is key to Iowa’s success. It’s important that those who invest and those who seek out investments come together and talk about challenges and opportunities during this unprecedented time,” said Chris Sackett, Managing Partner at BrownWinick.
“Raising seed and venture capital continues to go strong in Iowa. We encourage all members of this community to register and learn more about what is working and what has changed during the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Mike Colwell, Executive Director of Entrepreneurial Initiatives at the Greater Des Moines Partnership.
Current panelists include:
- Mike Colwell – Executive Director of Entrepreneurial Initiatives, Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Tej Dhawan – Chief Data Officer, Principal Financial
- JD Geneser – Senior Partner, LWBJ
- Ryan Gerhardy, CEO & Co-Founder, Pitchly
- Gabe Glynn – CEO & Co-Founder, MakuSafe
- Craig Ibsen – Managing Principal, Next Level Ventures
- Omar Jordan – Founder & CEO, Lender Close
- Joe Leo – Attorney, BrownWinick
- Chris Sackett – Managing Partner, BrownWinick Law Firm
Registration for the event is free.