The Greater Des Moines Partnership, BrownWinick Law, and LWBJ announced this week a series of online events for small businesses looking to raise equity capital called the Raising Capital Seminar Series.
This Raising Capital Seminar Series is a five-part series that will take participants through the steps necessary and provide a complete roadmap of what will need to take place before, during and after raising capital. This series stands in place of the in-person events normally held each year at the BrownWinick Law Firm and Partnership offices.
The series will provide guidance from those who have deep experience in raising equity capital. Attendees will hear from: JD Geneser, LWBJ senior partner; Joe Leo, BrownWinick attorney; Charise Flynn, Founder at c.Results; and Mike Colwell, Executive Director of Entrepreneurial Initiatives at the Greater Des Moines Partnership.
The modules will take attendees through several elements from capitalization tables to equity compensation and managing the investment close. Attendees will learn how to build their startup to be successful.
Here is the current series lineup:
- The Process of Raising Capital, Wednesday, Oct. 7: 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- The Pitch, Wednesday, Oct. 7: 1 – 4:30 p.m.
- The Financial Model, Wednesday, Oct. 14: 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- The Capitalization Table, Wednesday, Oct. 21: 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- The Term Sheet, Wednesday, Oct. 28: 8:30 – Noon