CYstarters has announced the 14 startups that will participate in the sixth cohort of the program this summer.
The 11–week program, coordinated by the Iowa State Pappajohn Center for Entrepreneurship, gives student entrepreneurs the funding, network of mentors, and skill-set development to help them pursue their business ideas while in college. Students will receive $6,500 for individual or up to $13,000 per student team.
ISU JPEC announced the cohort on Monday as part of its Innovation Showcase.
Watch the CyStarters 2021 Cohort Announcement.
Here are the 14 businesses selected for this year’s program:
- Rechelper (Gabe Huinker)
- Mastergrass (Zachariah Ritland & Logan Blum)
- Pivot (Brynn Sweere)
- Mentoring for Change (Mason Weh)
- Core Living Compost (Carissa Moyna & Andrew Frank)
- Two Brothers Liqueurs (Brian Psculkowski)
- Farm Story Meats (Ray Schmidt & Jessica Vlastaras)
- STGMA (Kendra Boone)
- City City Bang Bang (Abraham Polonia-Suarez & Eric Diaz)
- Instrument Lights (Jacob Schmedier)
- Filtraponics (Isaac Bradford)
- Litter (Jackson Bishop)
- Jovisuals (Jo Allen)
- Renew Bamboo (Cole Schumacher & Isaac Meyerholz)