The Greater Des Moines Partnership is partnering with several Des Moines companies to host the first-ever Summer Startup Tour this July, a month-long series of free events to “welcome Des Moines’ entrepreneurs, creators, and makers back to the community.”
“Coming out of the pandemic, we are starting to unfold to a new normal of time and space. There is a resurgence of people solving problems, creating, building, making, and starting businesses and side hustles,” said Diana Wright, Startup Community Builder for the Greater Des Moines Partnership. “With the mass disruption the pandemic brought to our creative and business community, we emerge together to spotlight the resilience that makes up the fabric of our startup and entrepreneurial community in Greater Des Moines.”
The Summer Startup Tour will feature four stops at spaces in the community related to making, creating, and starting something. The series will go through July 28.
Below is the entire Summer Startup Tour schedule:
Gravitate Coworking Downtown | July 7 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 8 a.m. | 1 Million Cups Des Moines
- Noon | “Introduction to the Startup Scene” Presented by Geoff Wood, Founder of Gravitate
- 4 p.m. | Happy Hour Event
- Free coworking all day
Maple Ventures – July 15 from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- 11:30 a.m.: Lunch
- 12 p.m.: Panel featuring physical-product builders and entrepreneurs
- 1 p.m.: Tour of Maple Ventures
Mainframe Studios – July 22 from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- 4:30 p.m.: Happy hour and introduction to Mainframe Studios by Siobhan Spain
- 5 p.m.: Panel featuring artists and creatives
- 6 p.m.: Tour of Mainframe Studios
xBk Live – July 28 from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- 4:30 p.m.: Happy hour and networking
- 5 p.m.: Welcome from Tobi Parks, followed by a panel featuring music producers, makers and entrepreneurs in the performing arts
- 6 p.m.: A live concert to celebrate the end of the Summer Startup Tour.
*Geoff Wood is also the co-founder and Publisher of Clay & Milk.