M25 has released its 2021 Best of the Midwest: Startup Cities Rankings. The annual Midwest Cities Rankings examines and ranks 59 cities in the Midwest, based on how they are performing relative to one another in terms of startup activity, access to resources, and business climate.
“Coming from a full year of the pandemic, startup investment and the national tech economy has seen a boost not experienced before. Rapid, unprecedented IPO, acquisition and mega-round activity has been seen across the US, and the Midwest is in the thick of it,” wrote Victor Gutwein in the annual report.
Five cities in Iowa—Des Moines, Iowa City, Ames, Cedar Rapids and the Quad Cities—were included in the report.
- Des Moines was the top-ranked city from Iowa listed, coming at No. 20.
- Iowa City came in slightly behind Des Moines at No. 25
- Ames ranked as No. 30 in the report.
- Cedar Rapids was listed at No. 42, the same spot as last year.
- Quad Cities was the lowest ranked city in Iowa at No. 55.
To view the full rankings, visit the city rankings page on Midwest Startups.