Technology and business leaders from around the state gathered at the Community Choice Credit Union Convention Center in Des Moines last night to celebrate the 2021 Prometheus Awards.
Fifteen awards were given out to Iowa companies, communities, and organizations in the state that have made significant growth and achievements over the last year.
Brian Waller, President of the Technology Association of Iowa, announced that next year’s awards will add a new category — “Computer Science Teacher of the Year.”
“We want computer science education to be part of the core curriculum in the state of Iowa so we need to honor these teachers,” said Waller. “TAI is saying today we’re going to pledge $10,000, to an Iowa teacher next year who wins this award. We’re not going to just give him or her hardware, but we’re going to pay in dollars so it incentivizes other teachers in this state to teach computer science education.”
Here are the 2021 Prometheus Awards winners:
- Startup of the Year: OpenLoop
- Emerging Technology Leader of the Year: Jessica Bertling, UI/UX Developer at NewBoCo
- IT Service Provider Technology Company of the Year: Circle Computer Resources
- Software Development Technology Company of the Year: Hy-Vee
- AgTech & BioTech Company of the Year: Tractor Zoom
- Manufacturing Technology Company of the Year: Kreg Tool
- FinTech & InsurTech Company of the Year: MākuSafe
- Creative Technology Solution of the Year: HyVee
- Best Technology Company Culture: EMC Insurance
- Technology Community of the Year: Council Bluffs
- CEO of the Year: Randy Edeker, CEO at HyVee.
- CIO/CTO/CISO of the Year: Levon Hooks, CIO at Kum & Go
- LWBJ Impact Award: Ag Startup Engine
- Technology Company of the Year – Small/Medium Award: Growers Edge
- Workiva Large Technology Company of the Year Award: EMC Insurance