Each Friday, Clay & Milk curates a rundown of startup, tech and innovation news from around the state in a post known as the “Middle Bit.”
Indoor farming startup Nebullam is bringing its services to Cedar Rapids, reports the Corridor Business Journal.
Nebullam was founded in 2017, with a focus on improving indoor farming technologies. Today, Nebullam owns and operates its flagship indoor farm and corporate headquarters within the Iowa State University Research Park. The company offers fresh produce subscriptions with weekly and every-other-week delivery available to Central Iowa residents, year-round.
The company recently announced plans to launch its second farm in Des Moines in Q1 of next year.
Biweekly Friday deliveries will occur for the pilot project in Cedar Rapids, and deliveries could potentially begin in Iowa City and Coralville within the next months, depending on demand.
TAI announces Iowa Technology Leadership Institute, Class of 2022 Members
The Technology Association of Iowa (TAI) has announced the 2022 class members of its Iowa Technology Leadership Institute. Here are the 2022 Class Members:
- Mandy Abbas, Manager – Analytics, UnityPoint Health
- Steve Billingsley, Enterprise Architect, ITA Group, Inc.
- Cathy Blood, Senior Integration Analyst/Applications Solution Tester, GCommerce, Inc.
- Emily Burns, IT Manager, Ruan Transportation Management Systems
- Lisa Butler, Information Security Officer, Mom’s Meals
- Kevin Hersom, Director IT – Platforms, CUNA Mutual Group
- Josh Holst, VP of Cloud Services, Involta, LLC
- Ryan Huffman, Data Science Lead, Growers Edge Financial, Inc.
- Mike Johnson, Director of IT, Don Hummer Trucking
- Katie Jones, Integration Manager, EMC Insurance Companies
- Amanda, Kasten, Director of Program Management, Kingland Systems
- Shivani Kharbanda, Data Scientist, John Deere – Intelligent Solutions Group
- Michael Lohrbach, Director Information Technology, Iowa State University
- Stephen Morgan, Director of IT Architecture, Fareway Stores, Inc.
- Andrew Mueller, HR Systems & Planning Manager, Pella Corporation
- Casie Muller, Assistant Director – Engineering, Principal Financial Group
- Beth Rissman, Technical Delivery Manager, Pearson
- Scott Robinson, Director — Web Development, Merchants Bonding Company
- Howard Samarin, IT Supervisor, United Equipment Accessories Inc.
- Page Smith, Director of Digital Solutions, Kreg Tool Company
- John Sonneville, Senior Solutions Architect, Data and Analytics, John Deere Financial
- Theresa Swaim, Application Development Manager, FBL Financial Group, Inc.
- Bryan Tonne, VP-IT Operations, VGM Group
- Aaron Welch, IT Manager, Ramco Innovations
- Ryan Wood, Director, IT Security & Systems Engineering, Kum & Go
2021 CBJ Cybersecurity Symposium set for Dec. 7 in Coralville
The 2021 CBJ Cybersecurity Symposium will address real-world data breaches at Iowa companies. A panel of local business leaders will share their experiences, lessons learned, and advice to avoid ending up in the same situation.
Following the panel discussion, industry experts will discuss the latest requirements for cybersecurity insurance, and ProCircular will lead attendees through a brief Incident Response Planning session to help prepare for game day.