Seven businesses combined to win $10,250 last week at the Hawkeye Summer Accelerator Undergraduate Final Pitch competition at MERGE in Iowa City.
Three University of Iowa founders won two awards apiece. The event was hosted by the University of Iowa John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center.
John Hatfield of Chordaworm Lures won the First Place Investor award ($3,000) and Best Minimum Viable Product ($500). Jon Barns of ARBLU won Best Investor Pitch ($1,000) and Most Improved Team ($500). Jared Sherwood of Local Shore Shrimp won First Place Elevator Pitch ($1,000) and Most Traction ($500).
Madeline Humpal-Pash of ChemoCare Solutions won Second Place Investor ($2,000). Other winners were Jennifer Apitz of Walk On (Second Elevator Pitch, $750), Jordan Walters of Walters and Co., won Best Elevator Pitch ($500), and Indya Smith-Johnson of Indya Heart Studios won Best Use of Customer Discovery ($500).
- First John Hatfield, Chordaworm Lures $3,000
- Second Madeleine Humpal-Pash, ChemoCare Solutions $2,000
- Jon Barnes, ARBLU $1,000
- First Jared Sherwood, Local Shore Shrimp $1,000
- Second Jennifer Apitz, Walk On $750
- Jordan Walters, Walters and Co. $500
Most Improved Team
- Jon Barnes, ARBLU $500
Best Use of Customer Discovery
- Indya Smith-Johnson, Indya Heart Studios $500
- Jared Sherwood, Local Shore Shrimp $500
Best Minimum Viable Product
- John Hatfield, Chordaworm Lures $500