The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program has announced the graduation of 25 business owners from its eighth cohort of the program in Iowa.
The members of the cohort are small business owners from across Iowa who represent a diverse range of businesses and industries.
The Iowa 10KSB program, which is coordinated by DMACC and hosted at the College’s Ankeny Campus, is a statewide collaboration among all 15 of Iowa’s community colleges.
“What an astounding impact the 10KSB program had on our business as we aim to grow,” said program graduate Paris Schnepf of Jeid Studio in Des Moines. “We’ve been equipped with invaluable information that has given our young team the confidence to take on the challenges, dream big, and have a better knowhow across all facets of business — financials, operations, people development and growth.
“The teaching staff and network of small businesses owners truly make it an unforgettable experience. While peer-based learning can be intimidating at times, the program was formatted to get you outside of your comfort zone and become a unit in a short 12 weeks.”
Nationwide, nearly 67 percent of business owners who complete the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program report an increase in revenue just six months after graduation. Additionally, 47 percent of program alumni report an increase in net new jobs.
The program is available to small business owners across the state of Iowa twice per year.
Small business owners who are interested in participating are invited to apply on the program’s website, 10ksbapply.com/iowa.
Here are the most recent graduates of the program:
- Jorge Amezcua – GS Solutions, Des Moines
- Kirstin Belken – Kissed Peach Wax Saloon, Waukee
- Sean Brown – Impact Coffee, Decorah
- Brent Cameron – Iowa Insurance Consultants, Ankeny
- Steve Casteel – Payteva, Urbandale
- Nigel Chapman – Central States Mobility, Johnston
- Nick Darland – HomeRevisions, Ankeny
- Paul Desmond – Form Function Studio, Cedar Rapids
- Chris Friest – The Floor Doctors, Des Moines
- Brandon Hart – HartSmart Products, Urbandale
- Martina Hoogland – Woudstra Meat Market, Orange City
- Grant Jacobson – The Hometown Veterinarian, Marshalltown
- Tony Kellen – The Fine Twine Co, Alton
- Bryan Ladd – Kaizen Health and Wellness, Grimes
- Emma Lahodny – Campbell’s Nutrition, Des Moines
- Elisa Lyons – Iowa Family Counseling, Kalona
- Sydney Marshman – Happy at Home Consulting, Slater
- Suzy McGrane-Hop – Gilded Pear Gallery, Cedar Rapids
- Tom Mulholland – Mulholland Grocery, Malvern
- Paris Schnepf – Jeid Studio, Des Moines
- Tyler Scott – Des Moines Printing, Ankeny
- Mark Smith – Known Labs, West Des Moines
- Eric Sovern – Cardboard Robot, Decorah
- Nathan Todd – Sugar Bowl Ice Cream Company, Decorah
- Paige Witte – Paige Witte, Inc., Stuart