DMACC has announced the event schedule for the 14th annual Celebrate! Innovation (ciLive! 14) Speaker Series, which will take place March 9, 2023, at the DMACC West Campus in West Des Moines.
This year’s ciLive! theme is “Be Your Own Superhero,” and will celebrate the many ways we can all achieve superhero status through creative thinking and collaboration. All ciLive! speaker events are free and open to the public, and free livestreaming is available via e360tv.
“We’re excited to continue ciLive! at DMACC with another fascinating and diverse group of speakers this Spring,” said ciLive! founder and DMACC West Campus Provost Dr. Anthony Paustian. “This series has grown tremendously over the past 14 years, and it continues to evolve and inspire.
ciLive! 14 will feature the following schedule of speakers:
- 10 a.m., Mitch Matthews, the host of the top-ranked “DREAM THINK DO” podcast. Matthews’ goal is to help people to push through their fear to DREAM bigger, THINK better and DO more of what they were put on the planet to do. A native of Newton, Iowa, he now resides in Des Moines.
- 11 a.m.,Dr. Shawna Pandya, a physician, aquanaut, scientist-astronaut, martial artist and advanced underwater diver. With backgrounds in neuroscience, space, entrepreneurship and medicine, Dr. Pandya has led a life devoted to technology, innovation, social development and adventure.
- 12:30 p.m., Alex Weber, an author, international keynote speaker on leadership and peak performance, and the only person to both host and compete on NBC’s Emmy-nominated series “American Ninja Warrior.”
- 1:30 p.m., Molly Bloom, the best-selling author of “Molly’s Game,” a memoir that chronicles her journey from a college student and Los Angeles waitress to founder and operator of the largest and most notorious private poker game in the world. An award-winning film adaptation of her book, starring actress Jessica Chastain and directed by Aaron Sorkin, was released in 2017.
- 2:30 p.m., John Ratzenberger, an actor and director who is best known for playing Cliff on the beloved TV sitcom “Cheers” throughout the show’s entire 11-year run. Ratzenberger has also voiced a variety of PIXAR characters; in fact, he is the only actor to voice a character in every PIXAR film released to date.
- 3:30 p.m., screening of the new feature documentary film “Kinnick: The Documentary” (92 minutes), which tells the story of Iowa native Nile Kinnick as a child of the Depression, winner of the Heisman Trophy and pilot during World War II. Scott Siepker, also known as the “Iowa Nice Guy,” is the film’s executive producer.
- 5 p.m., After Party featuring a Kenny & Friends concert with Grammy Award-winning drummer Kenny Aronoff, who was named one of the “100 Greatest Drummers of All Time” by Rolling Stone magazine. Aronoff has recorded and toured with some of the biggest stars in every genre of music, including John Mellencamp, John Fogerty, Bob Seger, Ringo Starr, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Melissa Etheridge, Gregg Allman, Alanis Morissette, Goo Goo Dolls, Joe Cocker, Sting and many others.